Identiverse Content Countdown Series
Part 1: IoT and Mobile
Our Identiverse (and Cloud Identity Summit!) alumni know that we run a pretty packed conference agenda. Our tenth anniversary year is no different. There’s a lot going on in the industry!
To help you navigate our high-quality, high-volume, high-energy week a little more easily—and to highlight some sessions that you might not otherwise spot—we’ll be running a blog series over the next few weeks leading up to Identiverse. The series will focus on particular topics and themes that’ll be covered in Washington, D.C., and it’ll showcase sessions, master classes and keynotes that are especially relevant to those themes. Keep in mind, these blogs aren’t intended to be extensive lists, so if you’re building your agenda or making a final decision whether to attend this year, check out the full agenda online. We’ll also be releasing the full agenda on the mobile app in a few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.
Before you start, if you’re unfamiliar with the general way our agenda is constructed, check out the agenda building blog here and this guide to the agenda.
Let’s Get This Countdown Series Started
For Part 1 of the series, we’ll focus on connected devices. Traditionally, there’s a trend toward thinking about ‘mobile’ and ‘IoT’ as two separate categories, and we do have two separate content blocks in this year’s agenda. However, there are increasing overlaps across these two topics. You’ll notice that we group them together as one category in the detailed agenda online, so I’ll cover both of them here.
The Mobile Track at Identiverse
- My Phone Is my Password | June 25, 16:00 – 16:25 ET | Rob Otto, EMEA Field CTO at Ping Identity
- Centralized Passwords Are a Hacker’s Dream. So Why Are We Still Using Them?| June 25, 16:35 – 17:00 ET | Bojan Simic, CTO and Co-founder at HYPR
- Wells Fargo’s Journey to a Flexible and Nimble Authentication Experience |June 25, 17:10 – 17:35 ET | Emily Ricketts, Product Manager at Wells Fargo
- Use of Standards and Open Source in Provincial Identity Solutions |June 26, 11:00 – 11:25 ET | Marcos Carretero, Patricia Wiebe, Director, Architecture and Product Development, Provincial IDIM Program at the Government of B.C.
- Mobile Enterprises: Strategically Addressing Threats While Managing Risk |June 26, 11:35 – 12:00 ET | Gema Howell, IT Security Engineer at National Institute for Standards and Technology
The IoT Track at Identiverse
- 50 Billion Identities: The Future of Humans, Corporations and Smart Things| June 25, 13:30 – 13:55 ET | Heather Vescent, President at The Purple Tornado
- The Relationship Lifecycle of Things| June 25, 14:05 – 14:30 ET | Salvatore D’Agostino, CEO at IDmachines
- As the World Turns: Real-world Identity Relationships Driving Data Decisioning| June 25, 14:40 – 15:05 | Ashley Stevenson, Eve Maler, VP Innovation and Emerging Technology at ForgeRock
- The Need for Shared Device Lifecycle Assurance| June 27, 16:25 – 16:50 | Robert Brown, VP Marketing at Jitsuin
- IAM of Things. Is That Even a Thing?| Jun 27, 17:00 – 17:25 | Bertrand Carlier, Senior Manager at Wavestone
There are also some master classes and panels focused specifically on Mobile and IoT identity:
- An Introduction to Mobile Identity| June 25, 11:30 – 12:20 ET | Master class by Andy Zmolek, Enterprise Partnerships, Android at Google
- Finally Something Better than SMS OTP| June 28, 09:30 – 10:20 | Panel featuring Bjorn Hjelm, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff at Verizon, Michael Engan, Principal Systems Architect at T-Mobile and others
- Will Mobile IDs Spur a Revolution in Customer Service Interactions?| June 28, 10:30 – 11:20 | Panel featuring Andy Zmolek, Enterprise Partnerships, Android at Google, Nilesh Gandhi, Product Director at Idemia, and others
And you’ll find a number of other sessions and master classes across the agenda that may be of interest, including:
- Modlishka – Is a Mantis Eating 2FA’s Lunch?| June 27, 17:00 – 17:25 ET | Lance Peterman, IAm Strategy and Platform Lead at Merck
- CIBA – Pay with Your Phone| June 25, 16:35 – 17:00 ET | Dave Tonge, CTO at Moneyhub
- Delivering a Trusted Digital Identity System| June 27, 15:10 – 15:35 ET | Charles Walton, SVP Digital Identity at Mastercard
- The Development of a 5G IAM Architecture| June 27, 15:10 – 15:35 | Bjorn Hjelm, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff at Verizon
- Capital One Presents: Moving from aAccount-based to iIdentity-based cCustomer sService| June 26, 12:10 – 12:35 ET | Dave Goldberg, Senior Director, Product Management at Capital One
Finally, don’t forget our stellar keynotes – and especially our closing keynote with Steve Wozniak!
In the coming weeks, we’ll cover several other topics including core identity architecture and standards, security, privacy and a range of vertical industries from financial services to healthcare. Stay tuned! If you want to get an overview of everything we’re going to cover at Identiverse, see the full agenda online.
Remember:Your full conference pass to Identiverse includes access to all our great keynotes, sessions and master classes, which are all thoughtfully curated by a content committee comprised of subject-matter experts from across the industry. Plus, you also get priority access to recordings of all the sessions! And to top it off you can also claim CPE credits for your (ISC)2certifications, or your IAPP CIPM and CIPT for attending Identiverse.
Check back with us in the next blog of the series as we highlight the privacy track at Identiverse. And if you haven’t yet, register today to join us June 25-28 in Washington, D.C!
View More Posts