Identiverse Content Countdown Series
Part 3: Security
Together with privacy (which we covered in Part 2 of this series), security is the other primary area with which identity overlaps and closely interoperates. As we move toward a world of contextual authentication and authorization, of zero-trust networks and strong API and device security, the relationship between identity and security has never been more important.
This is why we’ll have more security-related content at Identiverse than ever before. In fact, you could reasonably look at the agenda and pick almost any of our topics as relevant! Accordingly, I’ll take a slightly different approach to content highlights in this blog. If you would like to see the specific presentations that form the security track at Identiverse 2019, check out the detailed agenda and select ‘security’ in the topic filter at the top.
Here, I’ll pick out some sessions that are in different topic areas but still closely aligned with the security theme. I recommend you take these into consideration when you’re planning your week:
- Security Patterns For Keeping Secrets in the Browser | June 27, 15:10 – 15:35 ET | Philippe De Ryck, Founder at Pragmatic Web Security
- Surviving API Security in a Microservices World | June 27, 17:35 – 18:00 ET | Michele Leroux Bustamante, CIO at Solliance
- MFA for Real – Reports From the Field | June 28, 08:30 – 09:10 ET | Panel Moderated by John Fontana, Standards and Solutions Analyst at Yubico
- My Phone Is My Password | June 25, 16:00 – 16:25 ET | Rob Otto, EMEA Field CTO at Ping Identity
- Is Your 2FA Broken? | June 26, 16:25 – 16:50 ET | John Bradley, Senior Architect at Yubico
- The Future of Session Management | June 25, 09:15 – 09:10 ET | Pamela Dingle, Director of Identity Standards at Microsoft
- Transactional Authorization | June 25, 14:40 – 15:05 ET | Justin Richer, Internet Security Consultant at Bespoke Engineering
- Microsoft Presents: Dancing with Doppelgängers: Account Compromise Methodologies and Defenses | June 26, 17:00 – 17:25 ET | Alex Weinert, Partner Group Program Manager at Microsoft
The Identity Architecture Panel | June 27, 11:30 – 12:20 ET | Panel Moderated by Baber Amin, CTO West at Ping Identity
Google Master Class: Enabling BeyondCorp in Your Organization Today | June 25, 11:30 – 12:20 ET | Dan Montgomery, Program Manager and Piyush Nigam, Software Engineer at Google Cloud – Identity
And don’t miss our keynote panel on identity standards, on June 27 at 9:00 am!
These are just my personal top picks. But take a look through the agenda, and you’re sure to find other presentations that are more suited to your personal interests.
Remember: Your full conference pass to Identiverse includes access to all our great keynotes, sessions and master classes, which are all thoughtfully curated by a content committee comprised of subject-matter experts from across the industry. Plus, you also get priority access to recordings of all the sessions! And to top it off you can also claim CPE credits for your (ISC)2 certifications, or your IAPP CIPM and CIPT for attending Identiverse.
Check back with us in the next blog of the series as we highlight the architecture and standards track at Identiverse. And if you haven’t yet, register today to join us June 25-28 in Washington, D.C.View More Posts